April 17, 2005

Knock knock ...

Question : Is this really you?
Answer : Yes, this really is me, Sandesh Singh.


Q: Where the hell were you all this while?
A: Well, the modem I used was a borrowed one, and one fine day the person who lent it to me found use for it, so I was left without ...


Q: ... But didn't you get a modem when you bought that PC of yours?
A: Yes I did, but it is a worthless Motorola SM56 which is out of production, and it's drivers are hard to come by. Forget Linux, I couldn't get the XP driver working.


Q: Linux?
A: Yes Linux. It's been my primary OS for months now. Although XP remains, for Quake III Arena, and academic purposes.


Q: So Windows still rules ...
A: Excuse me? No, it doesn't. But it does have it's place in society. More on that later.


Q: So you finally bought a modem ...
A: Uh ... no ... actually, a good friend of mine had a friend who switched over to broadband, so I get to use his modem.


Q: You are one cheap fellow ...
A: Hey ... gimme a broadband connection, I am ready to pay, but I wont spend another paisa on this worthless 56Kbps !


Q: So, what have you been upto?
A: Many things, actually. I have learnt quite a few lessons too. More of that will come up in soon-to-come posts.


Q: How soon?
A: Leave me alone! My vivas are due in a week ... yaar, I need to study too. But I will write as soon as I get the time.


Q: As if I am dying to read your posts ...
A: You aren't?? Crap, what the hell did I write all this %^&# for, then!?