January 12, 2005

Pascal's new PC : Part I

Pascal got his new PC yesterday, and I happened to be just in time to watch the delivery guy put the machine up. Actually, I had rushed there as fast as I could - with my Fedora DVD. The machine came with Windoze XP pre-installed (it's a branded PC). It was so irritating to see the delivery guy make his moves. It was obvious he was weaned on Windoze. The fact that 'My Documents' opened up was good enough to convince him that the machine worked fine. I can't help admitting the fact that even if Microsoft hasn't managed to sell legal copies of it's software to most home users, it has managed to create a healthy eco-system for itself.

Anyway, the machine is pretty good. It's one of the fastest I have seen. Frankly, I have just one benchmark - run 'glxgears' on Linux. Pascal's PC managed 123 FPS. My PC can manage barely 58. I just hope he lets his sister's use the machine!

1 comment:

Pascal said...

hmm... my PC eh. I am sure not every one would agree with that. You forgot to mention tuxracer. It runs great. I could never run tux-racer on my P4 1.6, inspite of a graphics card.