January 23, 2005

Fighting a reputation

It's hard to fight your reputation.

It's good to have a reputation of a "good" student, isn't it? I know it has helped me many times. Teachers are usually very helpful to me, my term work marks reflect that too. I am certainly not among the top rankers in our class, in fact, I really lag behind. Thankfully, I am at good terms with my teachers.

But the college sports taught me that this may not always be good. I was never really "into" sports, only this month was I taking cricket seriously (with me having lost around 10 kgs in the last few months, sports suddenly is now pleasure). As I had mentioned in my earlier post, my bowling was pretty okay. I am not really that bad a fielder. And I did belt quite a few good shots with the bat during practice. But no one from the the "team" really took me seriously. There were a couple of selections that I could have debated ... but, well, I chose not to.

I am a programmer. Sports is not my cup of tea.

No comments: